[petsc-dev] Configure problem on Titan

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 11 22:12:03 CDT 2015

> On Mar 11, 2015, at 9:42 PM, Aron Ahmadia <aron at ahmadia.net> wrote:
>
> I found the most sane way to do this on the BG/P was to query the compiler wrappers for C/C++/Fortran.  I don't understand why you aren't or are unable to do this within PETSc's configure.

  Aron,

    These actually are the compiler wrappers. Apparently the Cray folks want Fortran users who happen to be linking against some C++ libraries to magically know that they need to also link against some specific system C++ libraries. I do not understand this since Cray could easily add these extra linkages automatically to their compiler wrappers. There seems to be some bias to make interlanguage linking even harder than it has to be.

  Barry