[petsc-dev] failure of new parallel configure

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:45:15 CST 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>   Oh fuck, never mind, if I get another crash I'll report it.

Note that I am well aware that this is broken for > 1 thread. This is
because we
share the compiler/linker objects through the framework. I need to go
through
and fix that, which will get done soon.

There are other potential breakages in the updating of framework data
structures,
but these are much less likely to cause problems, and are easily fixable. I
have
not seen these break when using a bunch of threads, unlike the above.

   Matt