[petsc-dev] Reviewers on pull requests

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 22 07:44:29 CDT 2015

> On Apr 22, 2015, at 2:19 AM, Håkon Strandenes <haakon at hakostra.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I recently added another pull request (#308) to Bitbucket, and think that I am starting to find out how this works after first failing, then studying your wiki pages and git tutorials. However, I don't find any information on the policy on which reviewers I should choose for the pull requests.
>
> Should I just pick some of you PETSc developers, or do you have some arrangement on which one of you that does PR approval and merges?

  If you know the the person/people most closely associated with the code then you can/should list those people. You can get an idea of the people by looking at who wrote (or modified) the area of code you are working on.  You don't have to list anyone but listing the "right" person may result in a much faster response.

> BTW: I just added Barry as a reviewer, feel free to give me a hint and I will add more.
>
> Håkon
>
> (this is hopefully going to be my last PR for a while)

   Too bad, we appreciate your contributions.