[petsc-dev] remove KSPSPECEST ?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Mar 11 23:08:05 CDT 2014

>   NOTHING is ever zero maintenance! I stubble across it while working
>   on HTML formatted output and had to decide do I work my way through
>   it or not, I did not. These left over zero maintenance things are
>   always a pain when doing global changes to stuff.

In the last three years, I don't see any changes that wouldn't have been
done with a script.  I guess this HTML stuff is different.

>   What functionality does it have that is not elsewhere, what cool
>   structure is there but no where else? Can that be transported over
>   to where it would actually get used and not become a bit cavity?

Just the auto-estimates that can be used with methods other than
Chebyshev.  If you want to remove it, just do that and I'll copy the
Chebyshev estimating code when I need it in a polynomial smoother for
nonsymmetric problems.