[petsc-dev] remove KSPSPECEST ?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 11 22:53:20 CDT 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, at 10:44 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

>>   KSPSPECEST still exists in the repository. Should it have been
>>   removed since the support now seems to be in Chebyshev?
>
> It's basically zero maintenance so I'm not in a hurry to delete it, but
> we should remove/mark the man page to avoid leading people astray.

  NOTHING is ever zero maintenance! I stubble across it while working on HTML formatted output and had to decide do I work my way through it or not, I did not. These left over zero maintenance things are always a pain when doing global changes to stuff.

  What functionality does it have that is not elsewhere, what cool structure is there but no where else? Can that be transported over to where it would actually get used and not become a bit cavity?