[petsc-dev] getting ready for PETSc release

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sun Jun 8 17:10:04 CDT 2014

Blaise A Bourdin <bourdin at lsu.edu> writes:
>>   We’ve been over a year since a release which is too long.
>
> That’s fair.
>
> As a matter of fact, if the releases are not as far apart, skipping one is not a big deal.

I think we should move to a faster release schedule.  At least once
every six months from here out.  Releases are easier that way and there
would be less motivation to try to cram more features in before a
deadline.  Though this means that a somewhat higher fraction of users
might have an older version of PETSc (and it might be worth our while to
do bug fixes against an older 'maint').