[petsc-dev] getting ready for PETSc release

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jun 8 16:58:49 CDT 2014

  Delaying the release is unlikely to get that I/O “fixed” faster so I don’t want to block on it.

   If the “fixes” for the I/O don’t require current API changes (but could require some new functions) then it is reasonable to include them as in a “patch” release so it need not wait for a full release. If the I/O requires total restructuring then I guess you stuck working off master for the new I/O until the next release.

   We’ve been over a year since a release which is too long.

   Barry