[petsc-dev] getting ready for PETSc release

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Sun Jun 8 15:02:02 CDT 2014

Hi,

I hate to be the party pooper, especially when I don’t have code to contribute, but I/O with DMComplex is still far from release ready. Is it reasonable that having functional I/O in a stable release is going to wait until 3.6?

I still can’t figure out how to deal with cell sets of different types (say quads and tri).
All cell and vertex sets seem to be contained in the hdf5 file, but not in a way that is usable by post processing tools (visit, paraview, ensight).
The xdmf generation script bin/pythonscripts/petsc_gen_xdmf.py is quite fragile.

I understand that it is probably too late to get this fixed and tested in 3.5. What is the best course of action?

Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA