[petsc-dev] configure failed after update of OSX

Sean Farley sean.michael.farley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 17:34:54 CST 2014

balay at mcs.anl.gov writes:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2014, Sean Farley wrote:
>

>> mfadams at lbl.gov writes:
>>
>> > Oh yes.  I had a use-make=make commended out. I uncommented it and its
>> > seems to have gotten MPICH installed.
>>
>> There is a newly (only a few days old) updated mpich port that I now use
>> with my petsc install.
>
> This is not really a fix - as the 'gmake' error will pop up with petsc
> part of the build aswell.

False. It works perfectly fine here.

>> There is a fundamental problem with using two stacks. Similar, I think,
>> to trying to simultaneously link to libc++ and libstdc++. It is just
>> asking for trouble.
>
> I'm not sure how this is causing gmake 'internal' error..

It doesn't necessarily mean that gmake is broken but could be something
mismatched. I can't tell without the internal logs.

Though, I recommend that Mark not use any --download options through
petsc because those packages are now in MacPorts and mixing two stacks
is just asking for trouble.