[petsc-dev] configure failed after update of OSX

Aron Ahmadia aron at ahmadia.net
Mon Jan 27 23:34:50 CST 2014

Satish,

Yup!  Samuel John switched homebrew over to a modern gfortran in 2012:

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/commit/1751362562f9b5d56708003f0dffb88e5b2418ab

So it's been at least a year :)

I don't point people at the hpc.sourceforge builds, if I recall correctly
they install right into your /usr/bin, which seems a bit risky to me.

Cheers,
Aron