[petsc-dev] configure failed after update of OSX

Sean Farley sean.michael.farley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 17:27:06 CST 2014

mfadams at lbl.gov writes:

> Sean, I seem to need to reinstall macorts.  I ran this:
>
> *Edit:* A binary installer for Mavericks (for the 2.2.1 bugfix release) is
> now available:
> https://distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/MacPorts-2.2.1-10.9-Mavericks.pkg.

You'll need to remove /opt and /Applications/MacPorts before installing
a new version.

> And it created a MacPorts directory in Application but this just a few apps
> but no 'port' command.  Any idea what is going on here?

The /Application/MacPorts folder is for ports that install a GUI
package. Such as emacs-mac-app which installs EmacsMac.app.

As for there being no 'port' command, you'll need to make sure the pkg
installer didn't do something funky with your ~/.profile script (by
default, it will add something to the end of the file and copy the old
version to a backup file)