[petsc-dev] How do I build a shared library for exodus?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Jan 21 23:01:40 CST 2014

Blaise A Bourdin <bourdin at lsu.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> For some reason, I would need to generate a shared library for
> exodusII, but the Makefile included in the source distribution does
> not have a rule for this. Is there an easy way to modify the build
> system package in order to generate the shared library?

The Makefile.standalone does not have rules for shared.  Perhaps
upstream exodus (now at version 6.02) is recommending the CMake build?
I'd rather not have exodusii.py depend on CMake if we can help it
(buggy, bad logging, another thing to compile), so maybe we need to add
a shared rule?  Or embrace the beast?