[petsc-dev] IMP prototype

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at tacc.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 12 22:40:23 CST 2014

On Jan 12, 2014, at 10:26 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Self-contact, AMR,

Yeah, I can see that.

Ok, so I read the paper. I sounds very much like algorithms I've seen before, except that before MPI 3 you had to spell out the non-blocking barrier explicitly. But that's beside the point. What was your point with this paper? I'll agree that there are applications where the connectivity changes quite regularly, and so you need a Log(P) setup, rather than the normal O(P). But it stays a Bulk Synchronous scheme that is in no way hard to fit in the current IMP design; I just haven't done so yet. So what was your reason for bringing it up?

Victor.
--
Victor Eijkhout, 512 471 5809 (w)
Texas Advanced Computing Center,