[petsc-dev] PETSc server

Andy Ray Terrel andy.terrel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:56:13 CST 2014

I highly recommend Vagrant.  I can set something up for you this week.

You add two files:  Vagrantfile and bootstrap.sh

Then the user only needs to do:

$ cd petsc-dev
$ vagrant up
-- Downloads minimal image and calls the bootstrap to install all dependencies
$ vagrant ssh

Even editting the files is synced so you can use whatever crazy editor
you like on your system.

The best part is you can just install the vagrant-aws or
vagrant-digitalocean plugins and then the same commands will put you
on a server in the cloud.

-- Andy