[petsc-dev] bitbucket giving wrong information

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Dec 4 18:00:11 CST 2014

>    It cannot be a choose, because I have to be able to find it without asking that person what they chose. That is it has to come automatically from the pull request. I suggest then simply
>
>     pullrequest-number (where number is the number of the pull request).
>
>   Or possibly
>
>      myuserid/pullrequest-number  (so everyone knows I am the one who made the local branch for the pull request)
>
>   Comments, improvements?

You want to get from PR to branch name or from branch name to PR?

PR to branch name:

  git branch -r --contains $last_commit_in_PR

  or click on the commit and see the branch name on the right

  or (if the branch has been merged to 'next' and a convention of
    annotating the PR # into the merge commit has been followed),

    git log --grep 'PR #123' next

Branch name to PR is not automatic even for in-repo branches, but if the
branch has been merged to 'next' with recommended annotation, this works

  git log --grep the-branch-name next