[petsc-dev] bitbucket giving wrong information

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 4 17:33:32 CST 2014

> On Dec 4, 2014, at 5:25 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

>>   If we are doing this to generate a local branch that people can work with then we need to be more systemic with no my-branch-name stuff. If follow Dominics approach we should do
>>
>>> git fetch bitbucket:username/petsc their-branch-name:username/pullrequest-their-branch-name
>>> git push -u origin username/pullrequest-their-branch-name
>
> Sometimes people don't choose meaningful branch names.  I.e., sometimes
> they commit on their master, other times they use different naming
> conventions Do_Stuff.

  Yup, you are right, they could have any crazy name.

>  I don't see a problem with the integraor choosing
> a better name.

   It cannot be a choose, because I have to be able to find it without asking that person what they chose. That is it has to come automatically from the pull request. I suggest then simply

    pullrequest-number (where number is the number of the pull request).

  Or possibly

     myuserid/pullrequest-number  (so everyone knows I am the one who made the local branch for the pull request)

  Comments, improvements?