[petsc-dev] build errror

Mark F. Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Sat Sep 21 17:42:30 CDT 2013

On Sep 21, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>> OK, I'm up and running.  Do I need to use this -f flag all the time or can I configure something?
>
> You haven't told us what happens when you try a parallel build while
> invoking make directly or when you set MAKE_NP=1 to prevent a parallel
> build.

'make MAKE_NP=1' seems to work (as well as Satish's -j 8) … but damn it, just plane 'make all' works now.

Jed: is 'make MAKE_NP=1' what you wanted me to test?

I deleted the ARCH directory and reconfigured and got the same error with 'make all'.

I then did 'make -f gmakefile -j 8' and that worked.  I'm going to clean and make super sure that two ''make all" do not work and that a clean 'make -f gmakefile -j 8' works.