[petsc-dev] coarse grid in gamg (for the OPTE paper)

Mark F. Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 19 16:28:58 CDT 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>   It is essentially 3 Laplacians

If you mean literally 3 scalar laplacians packed in one matrix for some reason then the one constant vector is fine.  Is this a block diagonal matrix with 3 big blocks, if you order it correctly of course?

> so I think the default null space of 3 constant vectors is fine.

You get this if you set the block size to 3.  Constant vectors in each of the three components.