[petsc-dev] coarse grid in gamg (for the OPTE paper)

Dmitry Karpeyev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 19 15:59:04 CDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    It is essentially 3 Laplacians so I think the default null space of 3
> constant vectors is fine. The problem is without the block information
> presumably GAMG is using only a single constant vector over all variables?
>  So maybe we need to construct a 3 vector null space which just marks in
> the reduced vector from which of the 3 components each entry came from.

 SNESVIGetActiveSetIS() currently doesn't try to detect or set the inactive
set IS block structure, so MatGetSubMatrix() can't take advantage of that.
 This (blocking) information is geometric in nature -- since it is mesh
nodes that really come "into contact" -- so unless we involve a DM somehow,
I don't know if it is possible to retain the right blocking structure in
general.  Or add a user callback hook to compute the inactive set?