[petsc-dev] PETSc-3.4 PR open at https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science/pull/343

Aron Ahmadia aron at ahmadia.net
Sat Oct 12 10:10:35 CDT 2013

Hi All,

The PR has raised a few issues in what PETSc does when it performs a
prefix install.  In particular, PETSc generates the following files:

$PREFIX/include/makefile
$PREFIX/lib/modules/3.4.1

Neither of these have been properly namespaced.  I'd suggest changing these to:

$PREFIX/include/petsc/makefile
$PREFIX/lib/modules/petsc/3.4.1

I'm not sure about the latter, I really don't know how package
managers deal with local modules install, or if it's worth even
putting it in if the user is requesting a PREFIX install.

Another option would be to include the PETSc ARCH in the directory namespacing:

$PREFIX/include/petsc/linux-gnu/makefile
$PREFIX/lib/modules/petsc/linux-gnu/3.4.1

Thoughts?

-A