[petsc-dev] Supporting --download-hdf5 in Cygwin?

Richard Tran Mills rtm at eecs.utk.edu
Mon Oct 7 11:50:16 CDT 2013

Matt,

I tried this and it works under 32-bit Cygwin.  It should also work under
64-bit Cygwin except that it hits an error when building the 'h5ls' target
(can overcome this by telling make to ignore errors or by making a small
patch to the relevant HDF5 code--this is a Cygwin64/HDF5 problem and has
nothing to do with BuildSystem).

Can we go ahead and get this change into 'master' ASAP?  I am not sure of
the proper workflow to use for such a small change as this.  I'd like
--download-hdf5 to be working before I leave for Germany in a few days to
do a short course there.

--Richard

--
Richard Tran Mills, Ph.D.
Computational Earth Scientist      | Joint Assistant Professor