[petsc-dev] Supporting --download-hdf5 in Cygwin?

Richard Tran Mills rtm at eecs.utk.edu
Fri Oct 4 15:29:00 CDT 2013

Hi Folks,

If I tell configure.py '--download-hdf5=1', I get a message that "External
package hdf5 does not support --download-hdf5 on Microsoft Windows".
However, I just built HDF5 1.8.11 from source under 64-bit Cygwin and,
except for one problem with building the 'h5ls' utility, it appears that
this ought to work.  Can we support this? And what is the procedure for
changing package configuration info in BuildSystem these days?  These
files show up in the 'petsc' repo but there appears to be a 'buildsystem'
repo on BitBucket as well; not sure what the relationship is between them.

--Richard

--
Richard Tran Mills, Ph.D.
Computational Earth Scientist      | Joint Assistant Professor