[petsc-dev] nightly build repositories not getting properly updated

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 18 01:28:25 CST 2013

>   Damn we have no mechanism that moves stuff that has been merged into
>   features on outdated master code …..

That is not necessarily a problem.  Most branches do not change
interfaces, so it doesn't matter whether a new branch has the changes
From another.

>    Can we have a script that emails us each morning a list of branches
>in next that are not in master and links to the nightly test page so we
>can quickly check if they broke something in next?  And either fix them
>or get them into master since they work.

I have posted 'git candidate-branches', and you can also use the simpler
(assumes bash-4)

comm -12 <(git branch -r --merged next | sort) <(git branch -r --no-merged master | sort)