[petsc-dev] nightly builds progress

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 17 21:57:46 CST 2013

On Nov 17, 2013, at 9:53 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Nov 2013, Barry Smith wrote:
>
>>  It is ok to have some run at night and the others during the day. But they cannot overwrite each others output.
>
> There is no overriting hapenning. Just a single index for both builds
> - rotated by date.
>
>> You need to set it up so that they go in different places (even same directory is ok with different names) but generate TWO dashboards.
>
> Currently both logs go into a single location and a single dashboard
> gets genrated for all current logs [based on current date]. Its just
> the master logs get added at a later time of the day - and the
> dashboard gets regenerated at that time.
>
>> One for next and one for master, and both always available. So if I go to the bottom of the petsc-developers page there should always be two links to nightly builds one to master and one to next.
>
> I'll check on this. [I sometimes switch master builds with maint - so
> on some days - that part will be missing].

   That is fine. If master is missing and maint was done then put up the dashboard for maint.

   Remember in theory anyone one in the world can check these logs, it is unrealistic to expect them all to know about your strange date business (or to expect me to remember it). Just do the obvious and have links for both.