[petsc-dev] moronic git

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 16 22:13:45 CST 2013

  What part of delete does git not understand? How the f do I get rid of the damn branch completely  so I can create a new one with the same name and use it?

~/Src/petsc/src/ts/examples/tutorials/advection-diffusion-reaction  master $ git branch -D barry/saws-update
Deleted branch barry/saws-update (was 9f236db).
~/Src/petsc/src/ts/examples/tutorials/advection-diffusion-reaction  master $ git branch barry/saws-update
~/Src/petsc/src/ts/examples/tutorials/advection-diffusion-reaction  master $ git checkout barry/saws-update
M       include/petscoptions.h
M       include/petscviewer.h
M       src/sys/classes/viewer/impls/string/stringv.c
M       src/sys/objects/aoptions.c
M       src/sys/objects/options.c
M       src/sys/objects/pinit.c
Switched to branch 'barry/saws-update'