[petsc-dev] openmp

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 6 20:26:36 CST 2013

Svetlana Tkachenko <svetlana.tkachenko at fastmail.fm> writes:

> ~/dev/test/petsc $ mv solver.f solver.F
> ~/dev/test/petsc $ make
> solver.F:8.46:
>
>               if (ierr .ne. 0) call MPI_Abort(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,ierr,ierr
>                                               1
> Error: Missing ')' in statement at or before (1)

You indented so far that the expanded macro spilled over the
72-character line length needed to fit on a punch card in the 1950s.  If
you would like to modernize your Fortran dialect beyond the constraints
of punch cards, you could consider naming your file .F90 or adding the
option -ffree-form, perhaps also with -ffree-line-length-none.