[petsc-dev] Running dsymutil in GNU make build

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 4 08:16:48 CST 2013

Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl at gmail.com> writes:

> On 4 November 2013 16:44, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>> Looks like you pasted into gmail, ruining the formatting.
>
> My intention was to show what I was talking about, not to submit a
> patch. It does not render so bad in my gmail.

You can see the messed-up line breaks here:

http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/petsc-dev/2013-November/013717.html

>>  I like
>> running it per library rather than as a separate step.
>
> OK, I'll push this change to master.
>
> PS: Do you have any intention to continue supporting CMake builds? We
> could do something similar for this case.

The way I see it, it's CMake's job to offer something sane when building
on Apple.  If they are not doing something reasonable, talk to Apple or
Kitware.  If we _must_ work around those problems, we can do it.

I think that in v3.5, the CMake build will probably only be used by
those people that want to edit PETSc source in an IDE that uses
CMake-generated project files.