[petsc-dev] PETSc developers who use weird MPI

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 2 14:48:38 CDT 2013

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Peter Brune wrote:

> > Should 'prbrune/sf-sfbasicops' and 'prbrune/mat-matcolor' be cleaned
> > up to remove the merge between the 'rebased' and 'non-rebased'
> > variants of the branches - before the changes got into master?
>

>  Jed mistakes prbrune/sf-sfbasicops with prbrune/snes-qnscaling, which was
> unrelated and my bad.  It came to the fore because it made clearing up
> someone merging next into a branch even nastier.  I'm pretty sure that I
> didn't rebase sf-sfbasicops or mat-matcolor after merging them to next, so
> these things shouldn't exist.
>
> The issue is that prbrune/mat-matcolor didn't get your update to
> prbrune/sf-sfbasicops, and Barry merged the prior without the updated
> latter.  I had merged prbrune/sf-sfbasicops into prbrune/mat-matcolor
> because I wrote it *specifically* so that I could do things in
> prbrune/mat-matcolor.  I had not realized that Satish had updated it and
> did not remerge, so barry got the old copy when merging mat-matcolor in.

This doesn't explain: [in prbrune/sf-sfbasicops]

$ git log --oneline |grep MPI_Ops
a49f225 Added several additional MPI_Ops to PetscSFBasic.
53deab3 Added several additional MPI_Ops to PetscSFBasic.

and

8e99f7e Merge branch 'prbrune/sf-sfbasicops' of bitbucket.org:petsc/petsc into prbrune/sf-sfbasicops

Satish