[petsc-dev] PETSc developers who use weird MPI

Peter Brune prbrune at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 14:44:13 CDT 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Jed Brown wrote:
>
> > Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> > Peter forgot what had been released to 'next' and rebased after merging,
> > leading to two copies of the earlier commits.  I think that is the
> > reason for much of this confusion.
>

> Should 'prbrune/sf-sfbasicops' and 'prbrune/mat-matcolor' be cleaned
> up to remove the merge between the 'rebased' and 'non-rebased'
> variants of the branches - before the changes got into master?

 Jed mistakes prbrune/sf-sfbasicops with prbrune/snes-qnscaling, which was
unrelated and my bad.  It came to the fore because it made clearing up
someone merging next into a branch even nastier.  I'm pretty sure that I
didn't rebase sf-sfbasicops or mat-matcolor after merging them to next, so
these things shouldn't exist.

The issue is that prbrune/mat-matcolor didn't get your update to
prbrune/sf-sfbasicops, and Barry merged the prior without the updated
latter.  I had merged prbrune/sf-sfbasicops into prbrune/mat-matcolor
because I wrote it *specifically* so that I could do things in
prbrune/mat-matcolor.  I had not realized that Satish had updated it and
did not remerge, so barry got the old copy when merging mat-matcolor in.

- Peter