[petsc-dev] PETSc developers who use weird MPI

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 1 22:18:00 CDT 2013

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Satish Balay wrote:

> >    The reason I had to merge all that stuff into saws was that saws could not merge into next because those branches so changed next. I had to merge them into saws before I could get saws into next. But I missed 1/2 a one (somehow) getting an outdated verson of the sf-sfbasics into saws.
> >

> No the more appropriate thing here would be to merge/rebase to latest
> master.
>
> And then attempt to merge saws to next.

$ git log --oneline
f3d19ed fix outdated PetscOptionsList
d548240 Merge branch 'prbrune/mat-matcolor' into barry/saws
3142415 Fix for multiple definitions in mat/color/interface/ custom fortran bindings
76422c6 manually remove old AMS code that got sucked in from master
fcaff9f Merge branch 'jed/check-pointer-runtime' into barry/saws
1a1c1e0 partial update of SAWs with master
7737a22 Merge branch 'master' into barry/saws

I see you have merged master into barry/saws - and then had to merge
jed/check-pointer-runtime and prbrune/mat-matcolor

I'm not sure what can be done here. [my instinct is to reset 'saws' to
either 7737a22 or the state before that - and redo the 'merge to
master', and then 'rebase -i' the other required commits - or just
rebase master onto barry/saws].

Perhaps Jedi master will help here.

Satish