[petsc-dev] Refactoring PETSc Internal Communication

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 08:00:28 CDT 2013

Take a look at the changes in

  https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/knepley/fix-mat-zero-rows

I replace a bunch of messy MPI_ISend/IRecv() with a single PetscSF
operation. I think we can remove all internal non-collective MPI from
PETSc in favor of PetscSF.

This means it would be possible to optimize (since we can change
communication strategies), and much much simpler. I think our
goal should be elimination of all internal comm by the end of next year.

  Comments?