[petsc-dev] Ongoing formatting changes

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 28 15:48:47 CST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Karl Rupp <rupp at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> I'm already on the final round of formatting updates. Currently I'm only
> meld-ing diff's with uncrustify-output, so this should be done by the end
> of the month (yes, it's the 28th already...).

Are you massaging the merges or just tweaking the scripts?

> There are basically two types of updates currently applied:
>  a) Add/Remove whitespace. This should not interfere significantly since
> line numbers don't change.

Even whitespace changes mess up the default merge algorithms (each person
has to configure suitable "ignore-whitespace" settings).

> Yep, this why I put in all my effort into this (formatting, testing,
> Doxygen) now. It's certainly not the most fun work to do, but as soon as
> Jed mentioned that we want to go for a release soon, I found it to be the
> best time *now*.

Okay, I don't know what others think, but I wouldn't expect it to be
feasible to do Doxygen-only for the release, but the doxygen site can
probably be run alongside the current pages.