[petsc-dev] alternative to GMRES + PCASM for compressible flow applications

Andrea Lani andrea.lani at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 11:45:48 CST 2013

Dear Developers,

can you please suggest me a valid alternative to using KSPGMRES in
combination with PCASM for parallel runs on unstructured meshes in cases
involving compressible flows (so, convection dominated problems, including
high-speed, shocks and so on)? I would like to explore some of the latest
features such as variants of MG / AMG, but would you expect them to work in
such applications? what are the most conservative settings I could use to
start with?

Thanks in advance

Andrea

--