[petsc-dev] [mpich-discuss] MPICH migration to git

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 21 11:03:36 CST 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Sean Farley <sean.michael.farley at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Well … did you try this with the equivalent mercurial feature:
> largefiles?

Nope, feel free. Most of the speedup is independent of the large files
(which only change the git repo size from 78MB to 50MB).

> Which version of mercurial is this?

2.4.2

> Also, what files did
> you deem were "fat"

A smattering of powerpoint slides, pdfs, random binaries, and a few very
large log files. Note that this was a performance experiment and don't care
about which files. In practice, I'd suggest managing fewer (or even none).

https://bitbucket.org/jedbrown/petsc-git-lean/src/70e3b17f35e0e8b32ab8f81ba0df412adfccadbd/.gitattributes?at=master

> (horrible name, by the way)?

Heh, well, I wanted to name it "blaze", but decided to use a name that
wasn't taken.