[petsc-dev] Coding style and its violations...

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 17 17:34:31 CST 2013

Hi,

>     Yes - looks like I need to send the whole thing through some filter
>     stripping out comments first. Looks like GCC can do that with
>      >gt; gcc -fpreprocessed -dD -E file.c
>

> Uh, are you sure these are the options you want? -fpreprocessed assumes
> the input has already been preprocessed and -E stops after preprocessing.

Yes, for just stripping out comments without starting preprocessor magic
this seems to be a viable way:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2394017/remove-comments-from-c-c-code

Since stripping C comments from sources is far from trivial in the
general case, I pretty much like the approach of simply using gcc for that.

Best regards,
Karli