[petsc-dev] PETSc goes Doxygen!?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 15 18:37:21 CST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Karl Rupp <rupp at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Oh, we use different definitions of 'documented'. I'm referring to
> documentation right at the place of declaration/definition.
> PetscScalar.html is generated from some comment block at some other spot in
> the sources, hence Doxygen fails to associated it with the correct typedef
> (this could be resolved by an injection of suitable Doxygen commands).

This is used in many places. For example, all the implementations
(KSPGMRES, MATMPIAIJ, etc) are documented next to the associated create
function (KSPCreate_GMRES, MatCreate_MPIAIJ), but the macros are in the
header. I don't see sed being sufficient for this editing, but a Python
(for example) input filter should be able to convert the sowing comment
blocks to Doxygen format.