[petsc-dev] Coding style and its violations...

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 15 15:25:07 CST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Dmitry Karpeev <karpeev at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> The upside is that setting the check server-side you ensure it is run.
>  Otherwise you have to rely on each committer to configure it locally.

If you limit the people who can push directly, then you see this stuff in
pull requests, where it's easy (even automatable) to tell the author to
fix. It doesn't take many violations before an author fixes their
environment. We could also have configure activate it automatically,
provided the format checker was portable enough.