[petsc-dev] PETSc goes Doxygen!?

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jan 13 17:30:37 CST 2013

Hi,

 >    Any way to strip the ierr = and CHKERRQ(ierr); from all the html
versions of the source code. I find it cluttering and ugly.

It doesn't work 'directly' as Doxygen currently does not apply filters
to examples. The remedy is an additional copy&conversion step, i.e.
something comparable to
$> cp -R src/ tmp/
$> find tmp/*/examples/tutorials/*.c | xargs sed -i 's/ierr = //g'
$> find tmp/*/examples/tutorials/*.c | xargs sed -i 's/CHKERRQ(ierr);//g'

This seems to do the job:
http://krupp.iue.tuwien.ac.at/petsc-doxygen/dm_2examples_2tutorials_2ex1_8c-example.html

@Jed: I've disabled the EXTRACT_ALL switch, now only documentation for
commented entities is generated. Static functions should not be shown
anyway (EXTRACT_PRIVATE = NO). I could also set EXCLUDE_PATTERN to
something like  *_Private and/or *_Internal. Do you know a better
systematic way of identifying internal stuff without touching sources?

Best regards,
Karli