[petsc-dev] [mpich-discuss] MPICH migration to git

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 9 17:48:51 CST 2013

  Yes but given their absolutely horrible decision to stick with SVN all these years I cannot trust their decision to go with GIT. Sadly this is a very big argument for NOT switching PETSc to GIT. This email is only partly in jest, it has a serious component as well: is the "everyone's switching to git" just a case of the sheeple following the latest new thing without a proper technical evaluation or is it a carefully thought out decision?

   Barry