[petsc-dev] Fwd: [mpich-discuss] MPICH migration to git

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 8 18:38:50 CST 2013

Everyone's doing it. ;-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dave Goodell <goodell at mcs.anl.gov>
Date: Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Subject: [mpich-discuss] MPICH migration to git
To: discuss at mpich.org

MPICH users & developers,

The MPICH project has transitioned from using SVN as our version control
system (VCS) to using git instead.  Details of the switch are described
here:

http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Git

Highlights from the document and the transition:

* Read-only git clones are available at http://git.mpich.org/mpich.git and
git://git.mpich.org/mpich.git
* All critical history from SVN has been imported into the git history.
* The SVN server and its associated history are not going away, although it
has been made read-only.

We continue to work through our documentation and automated processes (cron
jobs, etc.) to update them to the new system.  Our trac instance will
transition to understand the new VCS soon, although it currently displays
only historical SVN data.

Please bear with us as we work through this transition period.  If you have
trouble with the new setup, please contact devel at mpich.org or
discuss at mpich.org for assistance.

Regards,
The MPICH Team