[petsc-dev] unable to merge into next from a branch from master

Peter Brune prbrune at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 08:25:24 CST 2013

OK, it's completely ludicrous that this isn't fixed.  Matt, you have this
series of changesets

69d8a9c DMPlex: More fixup from bad rebase, moved to
DMGet/SetCoordinateSection()
e8abe2d DM: Added DMGet/SetCoordinateSection()
d7a12f9 Fuckup: Fix for merge that is still untangling bad rebase from Oct.
17th 2013 - Fixed const in declarations - Fixed merge from PetscFE - Fixed
2 mallocs
e1648df replace all echo in test/tutorial makefiles with printf since echo
behaves differently on different systems
bb619f4 DMDA: Missing header - Damn rebase
6de54ef DMPlex ex3: Added 2D Q_1 and 3D P_2 tests
9a800dd DMDA: Added DMDAProjectFunction() and DMDAComputeL2Diff()
3bfb4c2 DMDA: Fixed 2D geometry - Should reuse DMPlex routines
32638f2 DMDA: Fix bug in 2D closure operation for cells
a1ac9ad DMDA: Make closure operations also return the size
affa55c DMDA: Changed DMDACreateSection() to emulate DMPlexCreateSection()
3385ff7 DMDA: Added functions which emulate DMPlex functionality
3582350 DMDA: Now DMDAGetNumCells() returns the cells in each direction as
well

that probably shouldn't be in 'master'.  They conflict with

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/branch/knepley/feature-dmda-section

and potentially other stuff in 'next'.  What's with all the working
directly on 'master' we're seeing now?

- Peter