[petsc-dev] DMViewFromOptions()

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Dec 15 08:54:55 CST 2013

  Matt,

    WHEN do you want the viewing to be done? That is where the DMViewFromOptions() should be called, and you should move it there. Surely you don’t wish to view the DM in DMSetFromOptions() where presumably nothing is setup?   Note that in analogy, MatViewFromOptions() is called in MatAssemblyEnd().

    Since we are going to allow XXXViewFromOptions() to be turned off with a master switch for performance, we can just put it were we want it and don’t need to call it one place and then use the resulting viewer somewhere else.

   Barry