[petsc-dev] [tao-comments #191525] PetscNewLog signature change

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 13 15:35:07 CST 2013

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, Satish Balay wrote:

> > > In order for me to use tao-to-petsc I need it to be compatible with
> > > master, so I fix it for the PetscNew changes.  The updated branch is
> > >
> > >     irving/tao-to-petsc
> > >
> > > Hopefully that can be merged into your tao-to-petsc branch.
> >
> > I should probably rebase balay/tao-to-petsc over current master - and
> > then cherrypick this patch - and push it down the stack - into the
> > compile-fixes set of patches on this tree.
>
> Ok - its rebased(to latest master)/cherry-picked(PetscLog change) and
> pushed now. If anyone has balay/tao-to-petsc checked out - you should
> do a 'git pull --rebase'

BTW: if you want 'irving/hollow' to track latest petsc+tao - you
should perhaps do the following: [i.e remove the unnecessary
master/merge commits in this branch - and rebase it off
balay/tao-to-petsc

git checkout balay/tao-to-petsc
git pull --rebase

git checkout irving/hollow-temp
git rebase --onto balay/tao-to-petsc master irving/hollow-temp
git log balay/tao-to-petsc..
git push -f

I see only 2 relavent commits in here - and [plenty of unneeded merges]

balay at asterix /home/balay/petsc (irving/hollow-temp)
$ git log --oneline balay/tao-to-petsc..
5e05b55 Mention cell number in another DMPlexComputeCellGeometry error
156ab2f snes ex12: Deduplicate SetupElement and friends

Satish