[petsc-dev] [tao-comments #191525] PetscNewLog signature change

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 12 16:06:14 CST 2013

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> On 12 December 2013 18:03, Todd Munson <tmunson at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> >
> > The idea is to distribute TAO with PETSc and treat it like any other set of PETSc solves.
> > All the TaoLog (or TaoNewLog) macros should go away in my opinion and be replace with
> > the correct PETSc equivalents.
> >
> > Jason?
> >
> > Todd.
> >

> Not sure if you guys care about previous PETSc releases, but #define
> TaoNew[Log] would ease supporting petsc-3.4 in the next TAO release.

There won't be a next [standalone] tao release. It will be part of
petsc-3.5.

And I'm not sure if maintaining a separate tao_version.h makes sense.

And there will be a minimal changing of adapting the makefiles to to
this new mode [if one needs to maintain comatibility with
both petsc-3.4+tao-2.2 and petsc-3.5/tao].

You can check the current state of this migration at 'balay/tao-to-petsc' branch.

> In PetIGA, I'm currently supporting petsc-3.3, petsc-3.4 and master.

Does PetIGA also use tao [multiple versions?]

Satish