[petsc-dev] getting rid of TESTEXAMPLES_XXX_XXX stuff

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 2 20:25:29 CST 2013

   There reason for TESTEXAMPLES_C TESTEXAMPLES_etc is that make doesn’t have if tests. Since we have shifted to gnumake can we eliminate all these variables and handle the cases with appropriate if tests in the makefiles? Then we could also handle more complicated situations like if parmetis, 64 bit indices, datafilespath  Currently we have some nightly build breakages because the TESTEXAMPLES_ variables don’t handle all combinations.

  Thoughts?