[petsc-dev] MatLUFactor is an orphan

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 20 18:17:03 CDT 2012

  I believe MatLUFactor() is pretty bogus anyways. In place LU factorization only makes sense for dense matrices (LAPACK and LINPACK).

   This is currently an interface to Elemental for MatLUFactor().

  Should we change it to MatDenseLUFactor()?  No solver package business needed separately since Elemental is its own matrix type anyway.

   Barry