[petsc-dev] PCRedundant problem

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 16 09:01:50 CDT 2012

Stefano,
Checking PCRedundant, I see that  current PCRedundant is hard-coded using
PETSC_SUBCOMM_INTERLACED
which  'avoid data scattering from subcomm back to original comm'
See ~petsc/src/sys/objects/subcomm.c - PetscSubcommCreate_interlaced()
Unless you write a new implementation, PETSC_SUBCOMM_CONTIGUOUS cannot be
used
for PCRedundant.

Hong