[petsc-dev] Preprocessor hell: #define VecType

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 3 08:06:33 CDT 2012

Hi,

>    I have pushed the change for
> #define XXXType char* to typedef const char* XXXType;   2f1984a65b4f

Thanks!

> Congratulations to Karl for his first removal of undesirable #defines in PETSc :-)

Oh, I'd rather say 'congratulations to PETSc for the removal of
undesirable #defines' :-)

> Onward to a CPP free PETSc :-)

You're challenging me, aren't you? ;-) I'll start a separate thread on
that topic.

> BTW: the nightly builds are terrible, people are pushing incompletely tested code.

Probably you should post the link to the results of the nightly tests
again such that everybody bookmarks it (again)? (Multiple bookmarks to
the same link usually have higher chances of being visited... ;-) )

Best regards,
Karli