[petsc-dev] buildsystem: cusp location

Sean Farley sean.michael.farley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:26:31 CDT 2012

>   So you are arguing we should make life harder for users?
>
>   --with-package-dir=dir   currently has the model "look for any way we
> know about" for installs underneath dir.
>
>   Why is this a bad model? Why do you advocate something much more limited?
>
>   Who agrees with Sean that we should cripple --with-package-dir=dir?
> Expanding it sounds like a better idea.

No, sorry, I wasn't really being clear. Jed said it better than I could:

I'm for strict, precise semantics over fuzzy permissive  semantics. I don't
think being permissive is likely to cause harm, so I'm fine with checking
both.

I just don't want the extra /include to be a required part because it
breaks consistency with other packages (none of which require the extra
/include).