[petsc-dev] dates of last change on PETSc web pages

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 20 19:05:37 CDT 2012

On Mar 20, 2012, at 6:34 PM, Satish Balay wrote:

> 1. It apeared that you were fixing sources that go primarily to the
> website.  [So I was looking at modifying the tarball that goes into
> "snapshots". All docs in tarball and snapshots should have the date of
> the taball generation.]

   Satish,

     I don't want the dates being put in when the tarball is created (for snapshots or anywhere else) I want them to go in when each manual page is made during the make docs process.

     The reason is that we ALWAYS want dates in the manual pages, not just sometime in them (those without the dates will be the hardest to eradicate from the web).

   Barry